INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Things that make me laugh!

Yesterday was the day for laughing at the silly things in life. You see, I had thought that I had signed up for some sort of sewing machine test drive...where you get to see and experience the features of various machines first hand. That could not have been further from the truth. In the end, it seems that I spent 4 hours and 40 minutes listening to a sales pitch for an $8000 sewing machine. I'm sorry, but my sewing/quilting abilities are no where near that level of excellence which in my opinion would constitute the need of such a machine, LOL! The funny thing about that is when thinking about the cost, well to be perfectly honest- we didn't pay half that much for Andrew's used car and our the ride on lawn mower combined! I'd like to know what makes anyone want to pay that for a sewing machine?

Did this machine have all the bells and whistles? Yes, complete with a computer interface network- eeek! This machine had so many features (more than I would use in a lifetime) that I found it extremely overwhelming trying to digest all of the information. Trying to keep up with what the sales lady/demonstrator was talking about was a major challenge as she was talking quite fast. And if I'm saying that someone was talking fast they had to be talking really fast. I don't want to have an extra rider on my insurance policy to cover the possible theft of or damage to an $8000 sewing machine. Maybe I'm vain but if I was to spend $8000 on something could it be a diamond tennis bracelet and some BIG diamond stud earrings? You know, something I could show off to my girlfriends and make them envious instead of scratching their heads and saying "you paid what??? For a sewing machine???? And asking me is I was insane, LOL!

The part that really killed me was the cross stitching a picture...granted it looked pretty but why would you want a machine to do it? So I said to the sales lady "why would anyone want to do this?" (talking about cross stitching) Oh to save time of course, I let her know that I enjoy doing counted cross stitching and considered what I do as to making and creating heirlooms...her reply made me ill, "Well with this machine you wouldn't need to "waste" you time doing such tedious work. I was really bothered with her flippant attitude about "wasting time" in what I consider to be creating an heirloom. There's the other thing...the way she talked about men and cars her analogies were so spiteful, made me wonder if she didn't go through a bitter divorce. The way she went on and on about how men have to have things like GPS, XM radio and quality car stereos and the tire and wheel package when buying a car...I felt like raising my hand and saying "uh-um excuse me but that last statement you made is wrong- I was the one wanting all of those things in our last car purchase". Or how she went on and on about how men waste money buying tools that they never use, excuse me but that's not the case in my home. I think about all of the tools my husband had bought over the years and not once did he buy something that he just had to have for the sake of having it. So as I sat there thinking to myself "why am I here", the rest of the cattle (women) are sitting there nodding their heads as if this woman had some insight into their soul.

Did I like the machine? Sure but there's no chance in hell I'm going to spend that kind of money on a sewing machine now Diamond Jewelry is a different story all together, LOL!

No comments: