INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's 5 am-why am I awake?

Why I'm the only one in this family who just can not for any reason "sleep in" is beyond me! I'm envious of anyone who can sleep past 6 am. Ever since the birth of our son, I've been unable to as they say "sleep in". So here I am, up at the crack of dawn with my cat to keep me company.

The creek that runs on the property behind our subdivision is really full, this is the first time I've seen the water this high, 3 days of rain will do that. I'm sure that the wild deer, turkey, geese and ducks are happy with the availability of plentiful drinking water. I feel for anyone who lives off of a gravel road, the rain has made everything a virtual muddy mess! My heart goes out to those new home owners in our subdivision who don't have lawns in yet, as the constant rain over the past few days is washing away the nutrient rich top soil. The rain is both a blessing and a curse. But we need to look at it this way...at least it isn't snowing!

Now for some more coffee, one must have coffee to enjoy while contemplating what to do with the rest of the day!

No comments: