INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, May 23, 2008

Rain and lots of it!

Our weather has been odd, take yesterdays rain. It rain all day long, only stopping for a brief moment here and there. I had a feeling the worst of it had not arrived and I was right. As I was in bed the rain was pounding against the windows. All I could think of was my poor flowering plants sitting out there against the fence in their little post, being pummeled by the rain. There was nothing I could do but to hope that they survived the storm. We needed the rain, but all that much at one time? The creek down behind our home is swollen almost to it's banks with water. We've been in our home a little over a year and I know that I've never seen it as full as it is right now. We're pretty high up and we don't have to worry about being affected by the rising water in the creek bed.



I stepped out onto our deck and took some pictures...



No comments: