INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Count down to surgery day!

I'm VERY excited about my foot surgery- it's this Friday :-) When asked I let friends know when my surgery date is and I keep hearing the same remarks "Eeew, that's going to be painful". My reply "Let me tell ya something, it couldn't be half so painful as it is right now!" Oh my word several times yesterday I was near to tears with the pain. To think that an end is near, that in its self gives me some comfort. The best part of my day yesterday was being with friends and laughing ourselves silly at craft group. Peggy has some great card designs for us to make and we all laughed at ourselves. The laughing we do during our time together, it's the best therapy one could ever have! The next time we get together won't be until June 23rd...eeek! I'm going to miss them all terribly!

I'm getting all of my ducks in a row or should I say that I'm getting my crafting projects lined up. I've gone though my stash of fabric that I'm going to use for backing quilts and have been washing them like a crazy woman. I don't want to have to deal with it after my surgery, so I might as well get it done now. Heaven knows that I don't want deal with formaldehyde flaking off of the fabric while I'm handling it while I have stitches in my foot, not to mention that I don't want to be breathing that stuff, YUCK! I want to have crafts that I can do while I'm on bed rest. My m-i-l sent me a new book to read "Pillars of the Earth", oh my word it's a thick book with tiny print, just looking at it gives me eye strain, LOL! She guarantees me that it's a really good book (and worth the eye strain). So I have a new book but will also have my flour sack dishtowels to embroider while having to be confined to my bedroom. I've been holding off on working on them until my surgery, I wanted to be sure that I had stuff to do with my hands since I won't be able to sit at the sewing machine for a while-unless my foot is propped up and doesn't that sound rather uncomfortable, LOL!

Now off to the Scrapbook Nook for a creative session. I've got the board made for tonight's Scholarship banquet, but one part refuses to stick to the foam core board...I'm going to get tough with it and MAKE it stick (insert evil laugh here).
This is the last OSC function for a few months and I do plan on attending it since I am on the Scholarship committee et all. I need to hunt up the camera...I'm sure it's off somewhere in the garage with pictures of car parts on it, you know...engines, wheels, dashboards etc. LOL!

No comments: