INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

the OSC Scholarship Banquet

Today's quote has "me" written all over it! It's something that I believe in with my whole heart.

Last night's OSC Scholarship Banquet was small but nice (about 75 attendees). As it was also 2 of the local High Schools Scholarship and Awards nights. I really enjoyed our 3 speaks, Col. VanderHamm really hit home when he spoke of what the Officers Spouses Club is about and how we give to our local community. Kim Greenlee spoke so eloquently of how we (OSC) strive to make the world a better place through our community service. And Kristi Hullings brought it all home when she spoke of how we (OSC) made these scholarships possible by having an yearly auction- one where we brought in our community to help us not only through their generous donations buy also in purchasing many of our items at the auction. Last and certainly not least Kristi thanked everyone who worked on auction committee, had those who worked on the auction to stand up and be recognized. I wish that Cindy and Dannie could have been there because they were both spoke very highly of and it was said many times that we could not be giving away these funds without those two wonderful ladies (and their husbands) putting in countless hours into making our auction the huge success that it was. I actually had a family come over to me to shake my hand and to thank me personally for all of the work I have done through OSC, that was a very nice thing they did (and it made me feel special). Being on Auction and Scholarship committee is the best part of OSC, having a way to give to your community through such an organization make me feel good inside.

By the way, we were able to give out a little over $16,000 in scholarships to dependants of military members due funds raised at our OSC Auction Last November.

No comments: